- Parasitic worm that lives in the right side of the heart as well as blood vessels.
- Can cause permanent and irreversible damage to the walls of the heart.
- Transmitted through mosquitoes.
- Easily prevented with a single dose of a preventative on a monthly basis.
- Keeping your pet on a monthly preventative costs as little as $10 a month.
- Recommended to run an annual test to ensure that your pet is heartworm negative.
- Unknowingly administering heartworm preventatives to an animal infected with heartworms can cause several undesirable effects.
- Parasites living in the digestive tract of your pet, feeding off of the animal’s own nutrient supply.
- Different types include: Hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, coccidia, giardia, tapeworms.
- These parasites can cause bloody diarrhea, anemia, weakness, weight loss, vomiting, dull hair coat, anorexia, among other issues.
- Prevented by administering a monthly heartworm preventative as well as keeping the environment clean and free of contaminated feces.
- Some of these parasites can even be transmitted to humans!!
- These parasites include: fleas, ticks, lice, and mites
- Easily prevented with a monthly flea and tick preventative.
- Ticks are notorious for transmitting diseases to our animals as well as causing serious health problems.
- Fleas are the intermediate host to tapeworms and transmit these to our pets when our animal ingests the flea.
- All of these parasites feed off of our pets and can lead to serious health complications as well as extreme discomfort to our furry friends.
OUR PREVENTION OPTIONS:
Stop in for a complete listing and more information on all of the products we offer!